Cats available for this program are cats that are not social enough to be placed in adoption, but still deserve a chance at finding a place that suits their needs. These cats were previously strays, and are happier to live their life free outdoors as they did for the first part of their life.
Wild Whiskers placement requirements:
– A secure, dry barn or building for shelter with heat source is required.
– As a non-profit charitable organization, we appreciate a donation to help cover the cost of the spay or neuter surgery.
– The commitment and ability to keep the cats confined to a stall, small room, or crate for 2-4 weeks (depends on the cats and the barn) to acclimate them to their new environment before release.
– A constant supply of dry food and fresh water.
– The willingness to trap the cats to provide licensed veterinary care in the event of a severe injury or illness.
Procedures to follow to be accepted for the Wild Whiskers Program:
-Contact us to inquire if we have a cat available for your situation (450) 638-9698 ext 3
-Schedule a visit for a staff member to come visit your location
-Once visit has been approved, one of our Wild Whisker feline friends may be placed with you!
-A life has been saved!