Adoption process on appointment only
COVID-19 UPDATE: Adoptions will gradually start again by appointment only starting Monday, May 11. Please refer to the procedure below to apply. Thank you for your continued support!
The health of our employees, your families, and that of the animals in our care is a priority for the SPCA Roussillon. Considering the extraordinary situation in which we live, our adoption procedure and the physical layout of the shelter had to be adjusted in order to control the client base and reduce the risk of contamination.
If you are returning from abroad, have been in contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19, have flu symptoms or are at risk of contracting the virus, we ask you to refrain from coming to the shelter. Thank you for your usual collaboration!
When you are ready to adopt, complete the application form.
A member of our adoption team will contact you as soon as possible to conduct a telephone interview. Depending on your profile, we will help you find the ideal companion among our available animals.
*Please note that we are already receiving a lot of requests. Applications will be treated in the order they are received. Thank you for your understanding!
Once your application has been approved, you will be invited to make an appointment to come and meet the animal at the shelter.
*At this stage, no animal reservation is possible until the adoption is confirmed to maximize the chances of placing our animals in good families.
We will proceed to the adoption at the shelter and you will go home with your new companion!
Please note that you must bring a mask for your adoption visit at the shelter. Any person without a mask will be refused entry, for everyone's security.
You will have to pay the adoption fees and a bag of food for your new pet (cat and dog) in our reception. Only card payments are accepted (Interac, Visa, Mastercard).
The animal must also leave the shelter in a safe manner, in a pet carrier (cat, exotic animal) or on a leash (dog). You can get this material in our reception, as well as the basic material (litter, litter bins, etc.)
• kittens and adult cats (under 7 years old): $ 160 + tx
• senior cats (7 and over, Mission Museau Gris): $ 75 + tx
Included in these costs:
• Examination by a veterinarian
• Antiparasitic treatments (Revolution, and milbemax - fleas, intestinal worms, mites, ticks, ...).
• 30 day health guarantee (rhinotracheitis)
• 6 weeks cat insurance (Petsecure)
• rabbits: 105 $ + tx
• rats: $ 10 + tx
Included in these costs (for rabbits):
• Antiparasitic treatment
• puppy (4 months and under): $ 400 + tx
• young dog and adult dog (over 4 months): $ 350 + tx
• senior dogs (Mission Museau Gris, 7 years and over): $ 150 + tx
Included in these costs:
• Examination by a veterinarian and "Safer" behavior test
• Antiparasitic treatment (fleas, intestinal worms, heartworms, etc.).
• 30 day health guarantee (kennel cough)
• 6 weeks dog insurance (Petsecure)